Eyeliner is a makeup item used to deepen and highlight the eye area, reshape the eyes, and make them look bigger and prettier. It is shaped like a pencil. A special sharpener or knife is used to remove the excess wood and add thickness to the tip of the pencil. A good eyeliner pencil has a soft tip that won't hurt your skin when you draw, the color should be saturated, and a single stroke won't be uneven. Eyebrow pencils, modern eyebrow pencils come in two forms, a pencil type and a push-out tube type. To use, push the pencil out and you can draw your eyebrows. Pushing out can make your eyebrows look more defined. Eyebrow pencils have thicker and harder pencils than eyeliners. If used on the eyelid, it can cause some damage to your eyes. Using an eyebrow brush on a pebble will give you more natural, fresh and generous brows. A good eyebrow pencil has a soft texture, easy to apply, long-lasting makeup and excellent ductility, so you can easily draw natural-looking eyebrows.
The difference in appearance is as follows.
2. The English names of the two pens are also different: EYEBROW for eyebrows and EYELINER for eyeliner.
3. The easiest way to tell the difference is to draw a line on a person's skin. The eyebrow pencil has a harder texture and lighter color, while the eyeliner has a softer texture and darker color.
The functional differences are as follows.
1. Eyebrow pencils are used to groom the eyebrows and simply draw them.
2. Eyeliner is used for finishing around the eye sockets. The texture is relatively soft. It is more for drawing the upper and lower lashes. And eyeliner is softer and finer than eyebrow pencil because it is used on the skin of the eyelid, which has a finer surface.
Can I use eyebrow pencil as eyeliner?
No. Many people make the mistake of choosing an eyebrow pencil over an eyeliner in case of an emergency when eyeliner is not available. The difference between eyebrow pencil and eyeliner in terms of material, silkiness, and color is very big. Using eyebrow pencil for eyeliner is a harm to your eyes.
1. About the material
Compared to eyeliner pencil refills, eyebrow pencil refills are harder, but eyebrow pencil refills are relatively hard. The skin around our eyes, especially the eyelids, is much more fragile than other skin and cannot withstand the application of some hard tools. If the skin around the eyes is constantly overstretched, wrinkles in the eyes will be obvious. Therefore, eyeliner should not be used instead of eyebrow pencil.
2. For eyebrow powder
Eyebrow powder is different from eyeliner powder. Eyebrow pencil powder is a hard powder that comes off easily, does not go on evenly, and has a dull line. Eyeliner powder is specifically designed for the eye area. It usually contains oil-proof ingredients to prevent makeup from falling off. It goes on easily and has a smooth line. The silky difference also makes it impossible to replace eyeliner with eyebrow pencil.
3. In terms of color application
Most eyebrow pencils are only drawn on the skin and imperfections of uneven color and dark lines can be noticed. The disadvantages are magnified when compared to eyeliner. Most eyeliners are very easy to apply, smooth and easy to draw, which is why eyebrow pencils cannot replace eyeliners.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)